Fried rice on the table in less than 15 minutes, I am not even kidding! This 15 Minute Fried Rice is a healthy and delicious take on the Chinese classic. I promise, you will never order take out again!
15 Minute Fried Rice
Fried rice in 15 minutes - you will never order Chinese takeout again!
- 1 packet of quick cook microwave rice
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 head of broccoli broken into small florets
- 2 slices of ham thinly sliced
- 150 grams of shredded supermarket BBQ chicken
- 1 carrot grated
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon of fresh ginger minced
- 4 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced to serve
- Step 1 Cook the rice according to packet directions.
- Step 2 Meanwhile heat wok over medium heat with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Add the whisked egg, and when it begins to set use of spatula to break it up. Set the egg aside when cooked.
- Step 3 Place broccoli in a microwave proof jug cover with water and cook for 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Step 4 Meanwhile wipe out the wok with paper towel, add another teaspoon of sesame oil and fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant. Then add the rice, broccoli, peas, grated carrot, ham, chicken and egg and cook through for 5 minutes
- Step 5 Add the remaining sesame oil and soy sauce and stir through.
- Step 6 Remove from heat and top with sliced spring onions.
- Sensitive to gluten? Switch the soy sauce for tamari. You will find tamari in the health food aisle of your supermarket.
- The serving size is generous, so if your cooking for a little one as well, there will probably be plenty to go around. For bigger families, just double the ingredients.
- Have a pea hater at home? You can mix and match the veggies to suit fussy eaters or use up whatever you have in the fridge.
If you make my fried rice remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis Oh and use the hastag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
Or let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments below.