I love nachos, who doesn’t? Problem is, they’re definitely not top of the class when it comes to being healthy. At least that was – UNTIL NOW! Introducing my Amazingly Healthy Nachos with the Lot.
Okay, so I know I always say my recipes are delicious. And it’s true (at least I hope it is?!!). But this recipe, I’ve elevated to freaking delicious. Why? Well it’s all thanks to my special nacho sauce. Plus corn chips AND cheese. And the best news? My healthy nachos only take 15 minutes to cook. So, seriously what are you waiting for? Put my Healthy Nachos With The Lot on the menu tonight and let me know what you think in the comments below.
You might want to pick a night when no one else is home, because you won’t want to share!
Amazingly Healthy Nachos With The Lot
Healthy nachos that ACTUALLY taste amazing!
- 1 1/2 cups of corn chips (the yummy organic ones are ace)
- ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup tinned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch chilli powder (or more if you like it hot)
- 1 small red onion
- 300g tinned corn kernels
- 1 cup of tinned black beans
- ½ avocado
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- 1 long red chilli to garnish (optional)
- ¼ cup yoghurt (regular or coconut) or sour cream to serve
- Step 1 Turn on your oven grill (broiler).
- Step 2 Dice the avocado and red onion, and thinly slice the chilli (if using). Set aside.
- Step 3 Add the crushed tomatoes, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and chilli powder to a small saucepan and place on the stove over a medium heat, stirring for 2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Step 4 Take the saucepan off the heat and set aside. That’s your nacho sauce done.
- Step 5 Place the corn chips in the bottom of a small shallow baking dish (I used a 28cm dish) and sprinkle with cheese. Place under the oven grill until the cheese has melted. This will only take a minute, so keep your eyes peeled.
- Step 6 Remove the tray from the grill and top the melted cheese with the nacho sauce before layering on the chopped red onion, corn and black beans. Place the tray back into the oven for 5 minutes or until the ingredients are warmed through.
- Step 7 Remove your nachos from the oven and top with avocado, coriander and chopped chilli (if using). Serve with yoghurt or sour cream.
You Totally Got This Tips
- Your oven doesn’t have a grill function? Don’t worry! You can still cook my Amazingly Healthy Nachos With The Lot. Just use your regular oven setting instead. It may take a little longer, but , its totally worth it…promise!
- If you can’t be faffed with saucepans, use the microwave to cook the nacho sauce. Just put the tinned tomato and spices into a microwave proof jug or bowl, give it a stir then pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Give it another stir, then microwave for another 10 seconds and you are done! How easy was that?
- If you’re looking for a lighter alternative, use Mountain Bread wraps instead of corn chips. Just cut two wraps into small rectangular pieces and use them them the same way you would use corn chips. So yummy!
If you make my Healthy Nachos With The Lot, remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
P.S Love Mexican? Then I reckon you might like my 10 minute tasty chicken tacos as well.
P.S.S Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.