Move over snags, you have to make room for the banana split. Say what? Yep a BBQ banana split. Seriously! Oozing with chocolate, and ridiculously delicious, this is one healthy summer treat everyone will go nanas for!
BBQ Banana Split
Your next summer BBQ just got even more delicious
- 2 ripe bananas
- 20g of finely chopped 85% or above dark chocolate - that's about 2 large squares
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons of crushed peanuts
- 2 cherries
- Step 1 Heat your BBQ on low.
- Step 2 Make a cut through the skin of the bananas so there is a slit from top to bottom. Be careful not to slice all the way through.
- Step 3 Stuff the slits with the chopped chocolate, and then wrap the bananas in foil.
- Step 4 Place the bananas on your BBQ plate, cut side up, and close lid.
- Step 5 Cook for 15-20 minutes until the bananas are soft and the chocolate is melted.
- Step 6 Unwrap the bananas from the foil and place in a bowl. Top with whipped cream, crushed peanuts and a cherry.
- This recipe is I Quit Sugar friendly. I use 90% Lindt chocolate which has 0.65g of sugar per square.
- You could make this dessert dairy free and vegan friendly by replacing the cream with coconut yoghurt or whipped coconut cream.
- No crushed peanuts? Just pop some peanuts in a plastic bag, tie the handles and pound with a mallet. Hello instant crushed nuts!
- Not BBQ weather? No worries! Cook your banana split in the oven, for a delicious treat all year round.
If you make my BBQ banana splits, remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis Oh and use the hastag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
What’s your favourite summer dessert? Let me know in the comments below.