Looking for a healthier alternative to ice cream? Beat the heat this summer with these super COOL berry yoghurt pops. With no refined sugar or added nasties, summer never tasted so good.
Berry Yoghurt Pops
Introducing your new favourite summer treat!
- 1 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries (stem removed and sliced)
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- What you'll need
- 6 icy pole moulds
- Step 1 Place the yoghurt, rice malt syrup and vanilla powder in a blender and mix until combined.
- Step 2 Transfer into a jug and then stir the strawberries and blueberries through the yoghurt mixture.
- Step 3 Spoon the mixture into the icy pole moulds making sure an even number of strawberries and blueberries go into each mould.
- Step 4 Transfer the icy pole moulds to the freezer and freeze overnight
- Step 5 When your ready to eat your fro-yo treat, just run the icy pole mould under warm water for a minute and gently slide the icy pole out.
- I prefer full fat yoghurt, which keeps you fuller for longer and is full of fat soluble vitamins which help your body absorb protein and minerals.
- Look out for added sugars in your yoghurt, check the nutrition label and make sure the only ingredients are whole milk and live cultures.
- Not fussed about fructose? You could sweeten these with honey or maple syrup if you like.
- Australian sized tablespoons are bigger than tablespoons in the UK and USA. If your unsure, 4 teaspoons, equals one Australia tablespoon.
What’s your favourite summer treat? I’d love to hear from you, post a comment below.