Looking for a 20 minute meal, that tastes amazing? You will love this chicken pesto pasta. Cook it with your eyes closed…yep, it’s that easy. Plus it’s chock full of veggies, but so delicious the family will have no idea it’s healthy. Get on this one guys, you will love it!
Chicken Pesto Pasta
Seriously tasty chicken pesto pasta in just 20 minutes!
- 200g penne pasta
- 2 tbs of pesto
- 200g of shredded supermarket BBQ chicken
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- mixed leaves to serve
- Step 1 Cook pasta according to packet directions in a large saucepan.
- Step 2 Meanwhile remove the woody ends from the asparagus and cut each spear into four pieces, and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Step 3 When the pasta has 5 minutes left to cook add the asparagus (if your asparagus spears are thin they may only need 3-4 minutes).
- Step 4 Once the pasta and asparagus are cooked use a colander to drain the water from the saucepan, then pour the pasta and asparagus from the colander back into the saucepan. Stir in the pesto, chicken, and cherry tomatoes.
- Step 5 Place the saucepan back on the stove over a medium heat, stirring until all the ingredients are warmed through
- Step 6 Serve with mixed salad leaves for an extra boost of veggies.
- Sensitive to gluten? Switch it up and use gluten free pasta instead.
- If asparagus isn’t your favourite veggie, green beans work really well in this dish too!
- Look for a store brought pesto that uses only natural ingredients and with no preservatives. Here in Australia I use Barilla Pesto Alla Genovese it’s made with fresh basil and is delicious.
If you make my chicken pesto pasta, remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis Oh and use the hastag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
What’s your favourite pasta recipe. Let me know in the comments below.