The way to my heart…buy me food, make me food, be food! This Valentines Day I’m saying it with pretzels… sweet, salty, crunchy, choc caramel pretzels. Drooling? You should be! My choc caramel pretzels are all kinds of delish, but still healthy. Yep, they are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free (no one misses out!) Plus, they are super easy to make. If you have 25 minutes and can melt, dip and drizzle…you got this!
Share the love…choc-caramel pretzels for ERRRYONE!
Choc Caramel Pretzels
A delicious and healthy treat for your sweet!
- 75g gluten free pretzels
- 80g of dairy free and refined sugar free dark chocolate
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla essence
- Step 1 Line a baking tray with baking paper, and place pretzels on the tray.
- Step 2 Break the chocolate into pieces and transfer into a microwave safe bowl or jug. Microwave the chocolate on high for 30 seconds, give it a stir, then microwave in 10 second bursts, until the chocolate has fully melted.
- Step 3 Dip half of each pretzel into the melted chocolate then place onto the baking tray. When finished pop the tray in the fridge.
- Step 4 Now we’re going to make the caramel sauce. Pop the rice malt syrup, almond butter and vanilla into a small saucepan on medium heat, and stir until the mixture has melted and is bubbling. Take off the heat.
- Step 5 Remove the pretzels from the fridge and use a teaspoon to drizzle caramel sauce over the other half of the pretzel.
- Step 6 Place in the fridge for a further 5 minutes, or until set. Store in an air tight container.
- Gluten free pretzels can be tricky to find. I used Eskal pretzels that I found at my local Foodworks supermarket. If gluten doesn’t cause you tummy trouble, it’s okay to use regular pretzels instead.
- I used Loving Earth dark chocolate, which is dairy free, refined sugar free, and gluten free. If you’re looking for another option that’s dairy free, try Lindt dark chocolate, 80% cocoa or above. It’s not refined sugar free, but it’s super low in sugar (less than 5g).
- Don’t have a microwave? Melt the chocolate over a double boiler on the stove.
If you make my Choc Caramel Pretzels, remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis and use the hastag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!