I love pasta bake! But once, you boil the pasta, add your toppings and pop it in the oven that’s a whole 30 minutes before dinner is ready. This delicious Creamy Mushroom Baked Gnocchi Recipe solves that problem. Gnocchi cooks in just 3 minutes, so it cuts your pasta bake cooking time by half. Hooray!
Not only is this delicious Creamy Mushroom Baked Gnocchi FAST (I’m talking 20 minutes fast). The thick and creamy sauce is made using milk, so it’s lighter than your usual heavy creamy pasta sauce. Add to that, a couple of hits of veg in every serve, and you’ve got yourself a quick and healthy weeknight meal.
This recipe is guaranteed to be a winner with the whole family. Why? Because creamy delicious is always a winner! If you give it a try, make sure you let me know the comments below.
Creamy Mushroom Baked Gnocchi
- 500g gnocchi (regular or gluten free)
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 2 tbs butter
- ¼ cup of plain flour (regular or gluten free)
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 350g brown mushrooms
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup of grated tasty cheese or mozzarella
- 2 cups mixed leaves to serve
- Step 1 Turn on oven grill (broiler).
- Step 2 Thinly slice the mushrooms and mince the garlic
- Step 3 Cook gnocchi according to packet directions. Drain and transfer the gnocchi to a baking dish.
- Step 4 Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour, garlic and chilli flakes, then stir until the mixture thickens and starts to bubble.
- Step 5 Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the milk. Return the saucepan to the heat and continue whisking for 4-5 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Stir through mushrooms and spinach. Once the spinach is wilted remove from heat.
- Step 6 Pour the sauce over the gnocchi, and stir through the cheese.
- Step 7 Place the baking dish in the oven under the grill for 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted and starts to brown.
- Step 8 Divide the gnocchi bake into 4 portions. If there’s leftovers, pop them in the freezer in an airtight container.
You Totally Got This Tips:
- Find gnocchi in pasta aisle of your supermarket with the rest of the pasta. If you can’t track down gluten free gnocchi, check the health food aisle.
- Want to make this recipe even quicker to cook? Buy your mushrooms pre sliced. That way all the hard work is done for you.
If you make my Creamy Mushroom Baked Gnocchi Recipe remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis and don’t forget to use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this creamy mushroom baked gnocchi recipe? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.