Salad days are here again. And the good news? You can ditch the local café, and make a healthy and delicious Chicken Caesar Salad at home. No hidden nasties, just a whole lot of YUM. Plus, it’s super quick to make. I’m talking less than 20 minutes. Yep, I’m pretty certain it’s in the running for BEST salad recipe ever!
So what’s the game plan? Simple! What doesn’t get thrown in the bowl, goes in the oven…yep even the egg! And the best bit? No greasy stove top to clean after dinner. Big woo-hoo for that!
And if you are worried about this being rabbit food, don’t be! This salad is packed with proteins, good fats, healthy carbs, and even extra veg. It’s literally the perfect quick and healthy dinner, complete with crispy prosciutto AND crispy pita chips. I mean crispy anything, YUM! But double crispy…out of this world salad experience guaranteed.
Chicken Caesar Salad with Crispy Pita Chips
Ditch the cafe, this is the only Chicken Caesar Salad you'll ever want to eat again!
- 1 cos lettuce
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 eggs
- 200g shredded supermarket roast chicken
- 2 tbs of flaked parmesan
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 wholemeal pita bread or wrap
- 2 tbs greek or natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic minced (make sure its small or it will be overpower the dressing)
- 1 anchovy finely chopped (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180C, line 2 baking trays with baking paper, and lightly grease 2 holes in a muffin tin with olive oil or butter.
- Step 2 Place the slices of prosciutto on one baking tray, and crack the eggs into the greased holes in your muffin tin. For the crispy pita chips, brush one side of the pita bread with olive oil and sprinkle over the crushed garlic. Cut the pita bread into 8 wedges and place garlic side up on the remaining baking tray.
- Step 3 Put the prosciutto, eggs, and pita chips in the oven and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the eggs are cooked and prosciutto and pita are crispy.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, seperate the lettuce leaves, and cut the cucumber into thin ribbons (I use a veggie peeler) then divide the lettuce, cucumber, spinach, and chicken between two bowls. Next make the salad dressing by combining the yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and anchovy (if using) in a bowl or jar and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 When ready, remove prosciutto, eggs and pita chips from the oven. Break the prosciutto into small pieces and crumble half over each bowl. Top each bowl with an egg, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and drizzle over the dressing.
- Step 6 Serve with pita chips.
- Want to make this recipe gluten friendly? Use gluten free wraps instead of pita bread.
- Leftover pita bread? You’re in luck! Use your leftover pitas to make pizza. It’s a great way to use up all the bits and pieces in your fridge. Or try this Taco Pizza…it’s crazy delicious!
If you make my Chicken Caesar Salad, remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis and use the hastag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!