Happiness on a cold day? That’s easy. A big bowl of pumpkin soup! And get this. Pumpkin soup doesn’t mean spending ages in the kitchen. This Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe is so fast to cook. I’m talking 30 minutes and as simple as chopping up some veggies and throwing them in a pot. Super simples! But don’t worry. Easy, doesn’t mean this soup lacks flavour. The secret? 3 simple herbs and spices, that make this thick, creamy and delicious soup something really special.
If there’s one recipe you want to put on your winter cooking list, it’s this it. It’s a guaranteed cure to those winter blues.
Easy Pumpkin Soup
Thick, creamy & delicious pumpkin soup in 30 minutes!
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- ½ to 1 cup water
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- ½ butternut pumpkin (squash)
- ½ cup coconut milk.
- 2 slices of thick crusty bread to serve (regular or gluten free)
- Step 1 Pour the stock into a large saucepan and bring to boil.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, peel and chop the pumpkin into small chunks and roughly chop the onion and garlic. If the stock boils before you are finished, just reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Step 3 Transfer the pumpkin, onion, and garlic to the stock, adding ½ cup to 1 cup of water so that the pumpkin is just covered with liquid. Add the curry powder, cumin and coriander and stir. Bring the saucepan back to boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook with the lid on for 10 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4 Remove from heat, and puree with a stick blender (if you don’t have a stick blender, use an ordinary food processer to blend in batches instead). Once the mixture is pureed stir through the coconut milk.
- Step 5 Divide between bowls and serve with a slice of thick crusty bread.
You Totally Got This Tips:
- Want to add some protein to this dish? Just pan fry a few slices of prosciutto and add them as a soup topper. Highly recommended, cos seriously delish!
- Don’t have coconut milk in the pantry? Stir through some regular milk or cream instead, or just leave it out completely – it’s still super delish without it.
- Leftovers? Pop them in the freezer for a rainy day.
If you make my Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe, remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
P.S Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.