Is Spag Bol a weekly staple at your house? You’re definitely not alone. It’s the simple weeknight meal that everyone loves. And with this Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe, cooking the family favourite just got easier.
Thanks to one simple kitchen hack, you can cook Spag Bol in less time AND in one pan! The trick? Fresh pasta!
The fresh stuff cooks in less than half the time it takes to cook regular pasta. So throw it in with your Bolognese sauce and wallah! Dinner in minutes. Less time, less mess, but MORE yum. It’s pure genius!
Fresh spaghetti can be hard to find. So, I have used fresh fettuccini instead. Don’t worry, it still tastes totally amazing. And who even cares when you’re saving time, right? If you try my quick and easy spin on spag bol, make sure you let me know in the comments below.
Easy Weeknight Spaghetti Bolognese
Everyone's favourite weeknight meal just got easier!
- 250g of beef mince
- 185g fresh fettuccini (or your favourite fresh pasta)
- 1 cup of tomato and basil passatta sauce
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup water
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 tbs of grated parmesan
- 2 cups mixed leave to serve
- Step 1 Grate the onion, carrot and garlic.
- Step 2 Heat a large frying pan over medium to high heat, add the mince and then stir in the onion, garlic and carrot. Cook the mince until browned.
- Step 3 Drain off any excess fat from the frying pan then add the passatta sauce and spinach. Stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Step 4 Reduce the heat to medium. Add the fettuccini and water. Stir until the fettuccini is covered by sauce and then leave it to sit for 3 minutes. Stirring half way through.
- Step 5 Divide the Bolognese between 2 plates. Top with grated parmesan and serve with a side of mixed leaves.
You Totally Got This Tips:
- Want to feed the whole family. Easy! Except the onion, just double the ingredients.
- If fussy family members won’t let you get away with adding spinach to your sauce, try sneaking in some grated zucchini or add another veggie to your side salad.
- I used Latina Fresh Egg Fettuccini, available from Woolworths and Coles in Australia. The pack says it serves 2, but the serving size is HUGE. Just use half the pack and freeze the leftovers for next time.
If you make my Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis and don’t forget to use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.