Crispy Banana Fritters. Hello yum! Problem is, traditional banana fritters are deep fried. And deep fried food leaves me feeling less than amazing. Enter my healthy banana fritters recipe. The delish fritters are baked not fried, sugar free and the crunchy almond coating means they’re gluten free without losing any of the yum.
And the best part? My healthy banana fritters recipe is so easy. Just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes in the oven. Delicious just doesn’t get simpler that.
Whether it’s an afternoon snack or an after dinner treat, you will go B-A-N-A-N-A-S for this recipe. If you make them (you definitely should!), let me know. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Healthy Banana Fritters
Super healthy, seriously easy and totally yum!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup or honey
- ½ cup almond meal (flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt to serve
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 210C/410F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2 Combine the almond meal and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Step 3 Warm the rice malt syrup or honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Take it off the heat before it bubbles, it will only take a few minutes to heat.
- Step 4 Peel the bananas and pop them on the prepared baking tray. Brush each banana with the warmed rice malt syrup or honey, then coat the bananas with the almond meal mixture. I like to sprinkle the almond meal on with a teaspoon, then gently press any excess almond meal into the areas I’ve missed.
- Step 5 Bake the bananas in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Step 6 Serve with a dollop of yoghurt.
You Totally Got This Tips:
- If dairy gives you trouble, serve your banana fritters with coconut yoghurt. COYO is my favourite.
If you make my healthy banana fritters recipe, remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
P.S Want a whole weeks worth of yummy dinner recipes? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.