Craving chocolate RIGHT NOW! Who isn’t? This quick and easy healthy chocolate mug cake will do the trick. It only takes minutes, is super low in sugar and is gluten free and vegan friendly. Oh, and it’s got a melted chocolate centre…sold!
Healthy Chocolate Mug Cake
Smash those chocolate cravings in minutes, you will love this healthy chocolate mug cake
- 3 tablespoons of almond meal
- 2 tablespoons of cacao
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- 2 squares of dark chocolate (I used 90% cacoa from Lindt, which doesn't contain any dairy)
- Step 1 Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl, except for the chocolate, until the batter is well combined.
- Step 2 Pour the batter into a mug, and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Step 3 Open the microwave, push the dark chocolate into the batter, and microwave for another 30 seconds. That’s it, you are done!
- Everyone’s microwave is different, so if your mug cake is not cooked after one minute, just continue to microwave in 10 second bursts until it is done.
- If gluten or dairy isn’t an issue for you, switch out almond milk for regular milk and almond meal for plain flour. The mug cake will cook in exactly the same way, and still be a super yummy low sugar treat.
- Not fussed about fructose? Ditch the rice malt syrup and use honey our maple syrup instead.
- Pimp your cake with your favourite toppings, I love coconut yoghurt and berries – YUM!
- Want more awesome tips on foods you can cook in the microwave? You will love this post.
If you make my delicious healthy chocolate mug cake, remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis Oh and use the hastag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
Or let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments below. What’s your favourite quick and healthy microwave recipe?