Lasagne cooked on the stove, and ready in 30 minutes. You’re not dreaming, this healthy one pan lasagne is real and delicious. Amazingly delicious! Best of all its chock full of hidden veg, so it’s super nutritious as well. Trust me, you are going to want to cook this tonight. This lasagne is everything. Go!
Healthy One Pan Lasagne
The most delicious one pan meal ever!
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 700g jar of tomato and basil passata (marinara) sauce
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 5 instant lasagne sheets, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 ball of buffalo mozzarella, cut into thin slices
- fresh basil
- mixed leaves to serve
- What Else You'll Need...
- frypan or skillet with lid
- Step 1 Put mince and onion in a frypan on medium to high heat, and cook until mince has browned. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Step 2 Stir in garlic, then add the passata sauce, baby spinach and carrot and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Step 3 Add the broken lasagne sheets, and stir through until they are covered by the sauce, put the lid on the frypan and reduce to medium heat then simmer for 10 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking. If the mixture seems dry just add 1/2 cup of water.
- Step 4 After 10 minutes, remove the lid from the frypan and stir through shredded mozzarella cheese until it melts.
- Step 5 Remove the frypan from heat, scatter the lasagne with buffalo mozzarella, then put the pan under the grill of your oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Step 6 Scatter with fresh basil, and serve with mixed leaves.
- Leftovers? Eat them for lunch, or freeze them, either way there’s plenty of lasagne loving to go round.
- Can’t find buffalo mozzarella? That’s okay, you could use thin slices of ordinary mozzarella or sprinkle some extra shredded mozzarella on top.
- Boost the veggie count, by adding a grated zucchini. The kids will never know!
If you make my healthy one pan lasagne remember to share it on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis Oh and use the hastag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
What’s your favourite pasta dish? Do you have any short cuts? Tell me about it in the comments below