Bring a taste of Greece to your weeknight dinner table, with this quick and easy lamb souvlaki bowl. It’s super satisfying and totally delicious. Plus, everyone loves souvlaki –Opa!
Lamb Souvlaki Bowl
Everyone loves souvlaki - Opa!
- 2 lamb tenderloins, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- ½ iceberg lettuce chopped
- ½ cucumber cut into match sticks
- ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons of olives
- 60g of halloumi sliced into strips
- small tub of tzatziki
- 2 pita bread (optional)
- Step 1 Thinly slice the lamb and put it in a bowl with the garlic, oregano, 3 teaspoons of olive oil and the juice of ½ lemon, then season with salt and pepper. Set the bowl aside.
- Step 2 Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and halloumi then set aside. Cut the remaining ½ lemon into wedges.
- Step 3 Heat a fry pan over medium heat, and add the lamb and marinade. Cook the lamb for a few minutes each side, or until it has browned. Remove the lamb and set aside on a plate.
- Step 4 Wipe out the fry pan with some paper towel, then add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil, and cook the halloumi for a minute on both sides, or until it is golden.
- Step 5 Assemble the lamb, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives and halloumi in a bowl and finish with a big dollop of tzatziki. Serve with pita bread (if using) and lemon wedges.
- Don’t like lamb? Try this recipe with chicken or beef.
- Tzatziki is a Greek dip made with yoghurt, cucumber, and garlic. Find it with the other dips in the refrigerated section of your supermarket.
- For extra yummy pita bread, heat it in your frying pan until its golden – delish!
- If your cooking for a family just double the ingredients.
If you make my lamb souvlaki bowl remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis Oh and use the hastag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
What is your favourite takeout? Would you like me to transform it into a quick and healthy weeknight meal?
Let me know in the comments below.