Confession: I eat eggs on toast for dinner. After a long day it’s all I can manage sometimes. And it’s not all bad. Eggs are super good you. I’m talking, 11 vitamins and minerals. Plus, they’re a source of protein and healthy fats including omega-3s. But, pimp them up with a few tasty extras and BOOM! You’ve got yourself, One Pan Baked Eggs with Chorizo. Aka, totally dinner-worthy, amazingly yummy, eggs on toast for dinner.
My One Pan Baked Eggs with Chorizo make eggs for dinner more healthy and delicious than ever before. And you won’t have to spend too much extra time in the kitchen. They take about 20 minutes from start to finish (including oven time, so you can get a jump on the cleaning, or watch Netflix, your call). Plus, they are way less boring and about 1000 times more delicious than regular eggs on toast.
You seriously won’t go to bed hungry (or disappointed) after eating my One Pan Baked Eggs with Chorizo for dinner. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
One Pan Baked Eggs with Chorizo
Yes, you can eat eggs for dinner!
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 chorizo sausage (mild or hot…you decide)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup of tinned crushed tomatoes
- 1 400g can of butter beans/lima beans
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley (approximately ½ cup once chopped)
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices of crusty bread or wraps, regular or gluten free, to serve (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 180C/350F
- Step 2 Thinly slice the chorizo and roughly chop the onion.
- Step 3 Heat the olive oil in an oven proof fry pan or skillet over medium to high heat. Add the onion and sausage and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4 Add the crushed tomatoes, butter/lima beans, chilli (if using) and spinach and stir through until the spinach has wilted and covered with sauce. This will take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 5 Stir through the parsley (leaving a tablespoon aside to sprinkle on top later). Use the back of a spoon to make four indents in the mixture, and crack an egg into each. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 6 Transfer the fry pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the whites are cooked, but the yokes are still runny. Depending on your oven, you might need to rotate the pan once so the eggs cook evenly.
- Step 7 Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve with crusty bread or wraps if using.
You Totally Got This Tips:
- Good news! You can make this recipe even quicker to cook. Instead of baking the eggs in the oven just cover the fry pan with a lid or aluminium foil and keep it on the stove for an extra 5 to 6 minutes until the eggs are cooked. The eggs will cover over like poached eggs. It may not look so pretty, but tastes just as YUM – trust me!
- No chorizo? Use up that ham hiding in the back of the fridge instead.
- Looking for another awesome One Pan meal? Give my One Pan Lasagne a go. So good, it comes with a money back guarantee.
If you make my One Pan Baked Eggs with Chorizo for dinner, remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
P.S Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.