Hands up who loves crepes? I always thought they were tricky to make. Anything that you have to flip…too hard basket. But guess what? I was so wrong. You seriously have, to give this quick and easy crepe recipe a go. All you need is 5 simple ingredients (including water and salt, which don’t really count, right?). Plus, they cook in next to no time, I’m talking minutes! And you know what that means? Loaded with bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato (because who doesn’t love a BLAT?), crepes make a super satisfying, quick and easy weeknight dinner. But most importantly….Holy crepe! They’re so freaking YUM.
Quick & Easy Crepes with bacon Lettuce Avocado & Tomato
Holy Crepe! The quickest and easiest crepe recipe ever.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 rashers bacon
- 8 cos lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- Step 1 Put the flour, milk, water, eggs and salt in a bowl and whisk until the batter is smooth. Set aside.
- Step 2 Heat medium fry pan and teaspoon of butter over a medium heat. Pour half cup of batter into the pan then tilt and swirl the pan so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Step 3 Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to grease the pan as you need it. You should end up with 4 crepes in total.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, heat another fry pan, and cook bacon until it is golden and brown. Remove the bacon from the pan and let it drain on paper towel.
- Step 5 While you are cooking the crepes and bacon, pick 8 leaves from a cos lettuce, slice the tomato and slice the avocado lengthways.
- Step 6 To assemble, spread a tsp of mayonnaise on one half of each crepe, stack bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado on top, then fold the crepe over to enclose the filling.
- This quick and easy crepe recipe also makes a great healthy dessert. Just add some banana, a drizzle of dark chocolate and you’ve got a whole lot of after dinner yum!
- Want to make this a gluten free meal? Just use buckwheat or another gluten free flour instead.
- If you want to cook this recipe even more quickly, cook the bacon in the microwave. Find out how to do it here.
If you make my easy crepe recipe, remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!