Did you know the main ingredient in taco seasoning is sugar? I know, right. The good news, you will never buy a taco kit again. You can make your own and still have these tasty chicken tacos on the table in 10 minutes. Mid week fiesta at your house – I’m there!
Tasty Chicken Tacos
Tasty Chicken Tacos - Mexican Fiesta at Your House!
- Taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder (or less, if your not keen on spice)
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- pinch of salt
- Taco filling
- 200 g of shredded supermarket BBQ chicken
- 4 mini tortillas
- 300g coleslaw mix (small bag)
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 lime
- 125 g tin of corn
- 30 g of cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream to serve (optional)
- Step 1 Mix chilli powder, garlic powder, cumin and paprika together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Step 2 Empty coleslaw mix into a bowl and stir through mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Step 3 Chop cherry tomatoes, and avocado into small pieces, and place in small bowl with coriander leaves. Squeeze the juice of half lime over the top, stir and set aside.
- Step 4 Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a teaspoon of olive oil, add chicken then stir through taco seasoning until the chicken is coated. Cook for a few minutes until the chicken is warmed through.
- Step 5 Meanwhile, heat the tortillas in the microwave according to the packet directions.
- Step 6 Assemble your tacos, layering coleslaw, chicken, and the avocado and tomato mix and then sprinkle with corn and cheese (if using). Serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
- Want to make this meal even easier? Put all the ingredients on the table and get your family to assemble their own tacos for a real mid week fiesta.
- This is any easy mix and match meal, so you can add more or less fillings depending on your family’s tastebuds. If you like it hot, chopped chilli would be great.
- If your hungry, there will be plenty of fillings to make an extra taco, or have the leftovers for lunch the next day. Just make sure you have a couple of extra tortillas handy. If your cooking for a bigger family, just double the ingredients.
If you make my tasty chicken tacos remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis Oh and use the hastag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you!
Do you have a favourite mid week taco recipe? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below