I’m not an expert at many things. But when it comes to incorporating corn chips into my dinner recipes, you are looking at the master. Introducing, Mexican Rice Bowls.
The thing I love most about these Mexican Rice Bowls (apart from the corn chips)? So EASY! It’s a chop, spoon, mash-dinner in under 10 minutes-kind of deal. There is actually no *real* cooking involved. Plus, these bowls of yum are perfect if you have any dietary requirements, cos they’re basically everything free.
There is nothing you won’t like about this recipe. And just so you know. If you can stick to the suggested serving of corn chips, you’re superhuman (full disclosure: I am most definitely not).
If you want to talk about my Mexican Rice Bowls or anything corn chip related, leave a comment. Let’s chip. I mean chat.Print
Land dinner on the table in 10 minutes, with this delicious bowl filled with all your Mexican favourites.
- 1 240g pack of microwave rice or quinoa (any kind)
- 1 cup tinned black beans
- 1 cup tinned corn kernels
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of corn chips
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 2tbs sour cream
- Cook microwave rice or quinoa according to packet directions.
- Use a knife to shred the lettuce and dice the cherry tomatoes. Mash the avocado. Drain and rinse the tinned corn and black beans. Set aside.
- Divide the rice, beans, corn, lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado between two bowls. Add a big handful of corn chips and finish with a dollop of sour cream.
Lots of corn chips are gluten free. But if you’re gluten intolerant, remember to check the pack before digging in.
This recipe can easily be made vegan or dairy-free by ditching the sour cream and adding some extra mashed avocado
I am loving Seeds of Change organic microwave rice pouches, right now. I used their brown rice and quinoa one in this recipe.
Keywords: Vegetarian, Mexican
P.S – Want a whole week’s worth of dinners just like this awesome Mexican Rice Bowl recipe? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.