Land dinner on the table in 10 minutes, with this delicious bowl filled with all your Mexican favourites.
- 1 240g pack of microwave rice or quinoa (any kind)
- 1 cup tinned black beans
- 1 cup tinned corn kernels
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of corn chips
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 2tbs sour cream
- Cook microwave rice or quinoa according to packet directions.
- Use a knife to shred the lettuce and dice the cherry tomatoes. Mash the avocado. Drain and rinse the tinned corn and black beans. Set aside.
- Divide the rice, beans, corn, lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado between two bowls. Add a big handful of corn chips and finish with a dollop of sour cream.
Lots of corn chips are gluten free. But if you’re gluten intolerant, remember to check the pack before digging in.
This recipe can easily be made vegan or dairy-free by ditching the sour cream and adding some extra mashed avocado
I am loving Seeds of Change organic microwave rice pouches, right now. I used their brown rice and quinoa one in this recipe.
Keywords: Vegetarian, Mexican