6 reasons why this Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe, is the actual best thing since sliced bread.
- Chocolate…I could rest my case now, but I won’t.
- Thanks to almond meal instead of flour, it’s gluten free. But you would never know it, cos moist, dense and delish!
- No added sweetener = no sugar hangover.
- It’s dairy free too. I’m not even kidding.
- So easy to cook, it’s downright dangerous.
- Oh, and did I mention? It tastes flipping AMAZING!!!
Hand on heart. I am not making any of this up. When I posted this recipe on Instagram a few months ago. It went crazzzy. So many peeps tried it and EVERYONE loved it!
So as a friend. I’m telling you. You need my Chocolate Banana Bread recipe in your life. Try it (cos you totally have to) and don’t forget to leave me a comment to let me know what you think.Print
You will seriously go bananas for this Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe. Easy. Tick. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, No Added Sweetener. Tick. Absolutely freaking delicious. Tick Tick Tick!
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50g dark chocolate 85% cacoa or above (I use Lindt which is dairy free and low in sugar)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line a greased loaf tin with baking paper.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk and set aside. Chop the chocolate into small chunks about the size of a choc chip and, if you need to, melt the coconut oil/butter using a microwave or the stove top.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and then add the almond meal, baking powder, vanilla powder/essence, cinnamon, eggs and coconut oil/butter. Mix until all the ingredients are combined then use a spoon to fold in the chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into your lined loaf tin and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. You will know it’s ready when the top is golden and a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Once cooked remove the loaf tin from the oven. Use the sides of the baking paper to lift the loaf out of the tin and on to a wire rack to cool. Slice into 12 pieces.
- Think you might eat it all at once? Slice it up and chuck it in the freezer. It makes a great breakfast or snack toasted and slathered in butter – total yum!
- Wanna cook it even quicker? Use the same mixture to cook muffins or mini loaves. It will take you half the time – yay!
- Not keen on using almond meal? I know it’s expensive. When the lovely @lauracooperloves from Instagram made my Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe she used 1½ cups buckwheat flour and just ¼ cup almond meal. It worked a treat.
- Want to make my Chocolate Banana Bread completely refined sugar free? Use a refined sugar free chocolate like Loving Earth instead of regular dark chocolate
P.S – Now your snacks are sorted, get dinner sorted too. Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.