Move over snags, you have to make room for the banana split. Say what? Yep a BBQ banana split. Seriously! Oozing with chocolate, and ridiculously delicious, this is one healthy summer treat everyone will go nanas for!Print
Cooked on the grill, oozing with chocolate, and ridiculously delicious, this is one healthy summer treat everyone will go BANANAS for!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 20g of 85% or above dairy free dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream or coconut yoghurt for dairy free
- 2 tablespoons of crushed peanuts
- 2 cherries
- Heat your BBQ on low.
- Meanwhile finely chop the chocolate and make a cut through the skin of the bananas so there is a slit from top to bottom. Be careful not to slice all the way through.
- Stuff the slits with the chopped chocolate, and then wrap the bananas in separate foil packets.
- Place the bananas on your BBQ plate, cut side up, and close lid.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the bananas are soft and the chocolate has melted.
- Unwrap the bananas from the foil and place in a bowl. Top with whipped cream or coconut yoghurt, crushed peanuts and a cherry
- No crushed peanuts? Just pop some peanuts in a plastic bag, tie the handles and pound with a mallet. Hello instant crushed nuts!
- Not BBQ weather? No worries! Cook your banana split in the oven, for a delicious treat all year round.
If you make my BBQ Banana Splits remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Now I’ve got your dessert sorted lets get dinner sorted too? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.