Move over snags, you have to make room for the banana split. Say what? Yep a BBQ banana split. Seriously! Oozing with chocolate, and ridiculously delicious, this is one healthy summer treat everyone will go nanas for!
BBQ Banana Split
Yield 2 serves
Cooked on the grill, oozing with chocolate, and ridiculously delicious, this is one healthy summer treat everyone will go BANANAS for!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 20g of 85% or above dairy free dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream or coconut yoghurt for dairy free
- 2 tablespoons of crushed peanuts
- 2 cherries
- Heat your BBQ on low.
- Meanwhile finely chop the chocolate and make a cut through the skin of the bananas so there is a slit from top to bottom. Be careful not to slice all the way through.
- Stuff the slits with the chopped chocolate, and then wrap the bananas in separate foil packets.
- Place the bananas on your BBQ plate, cut side up, and close lid.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the bananas are soft and the chocolate has melted.
- Unwrap the bananas from the foil and place in a bowl. Top with whipped cream or coconut yoghurt, crushed peanuts and a cherry
- No crushed peanuts? Just pop some peanuts in a plastic bag, tie the handles and pound with a mallet. Hello instant crushed nuts!
- Not BBQ weather? No worries! Cook your banana split in the oven, for a delicious treat all year round.
If you make my BBQ Banana Splits remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Now I’ve got your dessert sorted lets get dinner sorted too? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.