It might surprise you. But, I had a reputation, A reputation for always bringing a bag of chips to the party. Until one day, there were no chips (note to self: replace emergency stash post Netflix binge). But what I did have, was a fridge full of fresh berries. And that my friends, is how my Very Berry Fruit Salad was born. And, you know what? It changed my life.
Because a bowl o’ berries…
Man. People love them. I mean. who actually knew?
Still not convinced? These are the exact reasons you will fall in love my Very Berry Fruit Salad.
People will lose their freaking minds over a bowl of berries. (Don’t believe me? Just try it and see).
- Couldn’t get any easier to make.
- Only 4 simple real food ingredients – berry, mint, lemon juice, and honey – that’s all!
- No refined sugar, dairy or gluten. Everyone’s a winner.
- Super pretty. Cos research shows pretty things taste better.
- And last but not least. Fresh, healthy and AMAZINGLY DELISH!
If you don’t bring this fruit salad to every party you go to from here until eternity. Sorry. Can’t help you. If you make it and love it (which you will!), let me know in the comments below. Oh and if you are looking for some more quick and easy party snack ideas, check out this post.Print
Very Berry Fruit Salad – The Ultimate Summer Dessert
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
The super easy holiday dessert that people will go crazy for!
- 500g fresh strawberries
- 500g fresh blueberries
- 250g fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbs honey or rice malt syrup
- Hull and slice the strawberries, then gently wash and dry all the berries. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Whisk the juice of ½ lemon and the honey/rice malt syrup in a separate bowl, then pick and thinly chop the mint leaves.
- Gently stir the lemon juice and honey through the berries and sprinkle the mint on top.
- To keep the mint looking bright and fresh, tote it to the party in a zip lock bag and sprinkle it on just before serving.
- Mix it up. You can use any berries you like to make my Very Berry Fruit Salad. And you don’t need to stick to berries. Chuck in any fruit you have in the fridge.
- Want to make this an extra special treat? Pimp your Very Berry Fruit Salad with a side serve of cream, yoghurt or coconut yoghurt or ice cream.
P.S – Now you’ve got your dessert sorted, get dinner sorted too. Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.