Got a friend coming round for a cuppa? Pop a batch of these deliciously fluffy Blueberry + Yoghurt Sugar Free Scones in the oven. They are ridiculously easy. But, you’ll be the best friend ever… cos seriously YUM!
These scones are made using yoghurt, with just a smidgen of butter. It makes them lighter than traditional scones, but no less delicious. Plus, there’s no need to add any sugar or sweetener, because the blueberries make them deliciously sweet, the natural way.
Full disclosure: once you wait for the oven to warm up and bake the scones, the recipe takes about 45 minutes all up. It’s not the quickest recipe on the blog. But it’s not all bad. It takes about 10 minutes to get them into the oven. So, on my estimate, you’ve just landed 30 minutes Netflix time. BOOM!
Extra time to drool over Harvey Spector AND a batch of totally delicious scones. It’s time to get baking! If you give my Blueberry + Yoghurt Sugar Free Scones a shot, make sure you let me know what you think in the comments below (or we can just talk Harvey, totally okay with that too).Print
With fresh blueberries and yoghurt these easy scones are deliciously sweet without any added sugar and only a smidgen of butter.
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour (regular or gluten free)
- 2 tbs butter
- ½ cup Greek or natural yoghurt
- 2 tbs milk and extra for brushing
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 220C/425F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the flour and butter to a mixing bowl and then use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and add in the yoghurt, milk and vanilla. Stir until combined, then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the dough to the lined baking tray – it might be sticky, but don’t worry!- using a spatula or the back of a spoon to shape the dough into a circle. Next, use a knife to score the dough into 8 slices (being careful not to slice all the way through). Brush the top of the dough with a couple of teaspoons of extra milk.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Then slice, slather with butter and enjoy!
Leftovers? These scones freeze really well for the perfect mid-week brekkie or snack.
If you make my Blueberry Yoghurt Sugar Free Scones remember to share them me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their very own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis and don’t forget to make your account public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S Want more quick and easy recipes just like this one? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here. All the yummy dinners (think tacos, lasagne and fried rice) in 30 minutes (or less!).