Cheaters never win.
Disclaimer: Except when it comes to this Mushroom Risotto recipe.
Picture this. Rich, creamy, flavour packed Mushroom Risotto. On the table. In just 15 minutes. Squeeeeeee! Can you believe it? Believe it.
The cheat – steamed white microwave rice. The taste – mushroom magic.
Australian Mushrooms. Two magical powers. Number 1: FLAVOUR. Mushrooms have a crazy amount flavour. And that means, you don’t have to add a bunch of other ingredients to make dinner taste awesome. Number 2: FAST. It only takes a few minutes to bring out their rich, delicious flavour. It’s exactly why this Cheats Mushroom Risotto can be so totally yum, but quick and easy at the same time. The moral of this story? Mushrooms are basically unicorns, but in food form. The BEST kind of magic.
Some other (awesome) things you should know about this Cheats Mushroom Risotto recipe:
- Gluten free.
- Onions count as a serve of veg, so you’re getting 3 hits of veg and a whole lot of flavour, in every bowl.
- Just one pan to clean after dinner.
- No stirring – ugh! Don’t you hate that about regular risotto?
Yeah. So many good things. So much YUM!
There are some recipes that I just know you’re going to love. This is one of them. It’s not exactly a traditional risotto. But when it’s THAT easy and THAT yum, Who even cares?
Exactly, what I thought.
If you try it and love it. Let me know.Print
Cheats Mushroom Risotto
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 serves 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Flavour packed, rich, creamy AND ready in just 15 minutes. This Mushroom Risotto is proof you don’t have to spend ages in the kitchen for a totally delicious dinner.
- 1 medium brown onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200g of mixed swiss brown and cup mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 250g pack of steamed white microwave rice
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ bunch flat leaf parsley
- Finely chop the onion, slice the mushrooms and mince the garlic. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat then add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. While, the onion and garlic are cooking, microwave the rice according to packet directions and set aside.
- Add the rice and vegetable stock to the frying pan, give everything a big stir and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until most of the stock has absorbed. Meanwhile thinly chop the parsley.
- Add the baby spinach and stir, until it has just wilted. Remove the frying pan from heat then mix through the parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Divide the risotto between two bowls. Enjoy!
- If someone you live with thinks it’s not a meal without meat (oh, hey hubby), just add some supermarket roast chicken with the rice and stock.
- Cooking for a family. Easy! Just double the ingredients. Except maybe the onion. Unless of course, you love onion. Then go for it.
P.S – P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Cheats Mushroom Risotto recipe? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.