Two of your favourite foods hanging out together. Trust me, Insanely delicious. You didn’t know this. But you need, cheeseburger pizza in your life.
- 2 Greek pita bread
- 250g beef mince
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbs tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato
- ¼ iceberg lettuce (approximately 2 cups once shredded)
- 2 large gherkins
- 4 tsp mayonnaise or mustard
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Finely chop the onion, then combine the mince, onion and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Arrange 2 pita bread on the baking tray and spread a thin layer of tomato sauce (ketchup) on to the pita bread.
- Spoon an equal amount of mince mixture on each pita bread using the back of a spoon to flatten the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and the cheese melted.
- Meanwhile use a knife to thinly shred the lettuce and slice the tomato and gherkins. Set aside.
- When the pizza has cooked remove from the oven and arrange the lettuce, tomato and gherkins on top. Drizzle with mayonnaise or mustard.
- My oven takes just under 10 minutes to heat to 180C. If yours takes a little longer, you’ll need to add 5 minutes on to your cook time. But don’t stress. The whole thing will still take less than 30 minutes – yay!
- You could also make this recipe using a regular pizza base or Lebanese pita bread. I prefer Greek pita because it creates a base that tastes like regular thin and crispy pizza. You seriously, gotta try it. So YUM!
- Want to make this recipe gluten free. Easy! Just use a gluten free pizza base or wrap instead.