My idea of a good dinner is one that starts with doing minimal actual cooking and ends with something that’s completely delicious – Oh hey there, Cheesy Slow Cooked Beef + Bean Pasta Bake.
To be perfectly honest, slow cooked anything has always been a weeknight no-go zone for me. My mornings are generally more snooze induced frenzy, than lets calmly chop some meat and veg and set the slow cooker for dinner tonight. But then something magical happened. Perfectly Balanced came along and rocked my world with their ready to eat Mexican Style Slow Cooked Beef with Beans.
Guys. This stuff is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Just 5 minutes on the stove (or 3 minutes in the microwave) and you’ll be dealing with a big ole’ pot of super tender, bursting with flavour, slow cooked beef ready to serve with all your favourite recipes – think stews, soups, curries, burritos, tacos, jacket potatoes. You name it. It’s yours. In actual minutes. It’s the perfect blend of convenience and deliciousness. And the very reason you can have this delicious Cheesy Slow Cooked Beef + Bean Pasta bake on the table in less than 30 minutes.
It’s officially the best thing in my food life right now. Period.
Okay. So now we’ve got the slow cooked beef organised, let’s get the pasta bake part of this recipe sorted.
If too simple was an *actual* thing. This recipe would be too simple. Let me break it down for you:
- Cook pasta.
- Stir through slow cooked beef + beans, spinach and cheese.
- Sprinkle with more cheese (cos, if there ever enough cheese?).
- Put in oven.
I wasn’t kidding when I said this could not be easier. And although it’s probably obvious by now. Just in case you had any doubts…
Welcome, to Yum City. Population: Taste Sensation!
This dish is literally the perfect blend of all the warm, comfort food things you love – think meat, cheese AND pasta. And thanks to some sneaky spinach, those beans – which count toward your 5 a day – and a side salad, this pasta bake is pretty much healthy disguised as the tastiest dinner you’ve eaten all year…this decade even. Yep. That good.
Bottom line guys. You are going to love this recipe. It is the BEST kind of easy weeknight food there is.
You can find Perfectly Balanced’s Mexican style slow cooked beef with beans at your local Woolworths store (hot tip: head to the meat case).
Have you guys seen/heard of/tried Perfectly Balanced products? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Cheesy Slow Cooked Beef + Bean Pasta Bake. AKA all the warm comfort food things that you love in a simple, healthy and delicious – no slow cooker required – weeknight recipe.
- 400g rigatoni pasta
- 1 pack Perfectly Balanced Mexican style slow cooked beef with beans
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbs finely grated parmesan cheese
- 5 thin slices mozzarella (optional)
- Mixed salad leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced). Cook rigatoni in a pot of boiling water according to packet directions. Drain and transfer the pasta to a large baking dish.
- Add the slow cooked beef with beans, baby spinach and grated cheese. Stir until well combined. Sprinkle with parmesan and scatter with thin slices of mozzarella (if using).
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the slow cooked beef has warmed through and the cheese has melted.
- Divide into 4 serves. Serve with mixed salad leaves.
- No rigatoni in the pantry? No worries. You can use any type of pasta in this recipe. I can vouch for penne and spiral pasta being just as delish.
- If you’ve got leftovers pop them in an air tight container and stick them in the freezer. This recipe reheats perfectly.
Keywords: Pasta, Beef, Cheese, Pasta Bake
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Cheesy Slow Cooked Beef + Bean Pasta Bake recipe? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.
Thank you Perfectly Balanced for sponsoring this post!