My advice: If you can’t take a vacay, eat like you’re on one. Cook up this delicious Chicken Club Burger tonight. All the yummy taste of the poolside classic, in just 15 minutes. And with loads of fresh ingredients, this quick and easy recipe is so much healthier than a regular fast food burger, but doesn’t skimp on the YUM!
Trust me, this is one recipe you will keep coming back too. If you make my Chicken Club Burger make sure you leave a comment and let me know. I’d love to hear what you think!
Chicken Club Burger
You Totally Got This says: If you can't take a vacay, eat like you're on one!
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 rashers bacon
- 2 large cos lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato
- ½ avocado
- 2 round bread rolls (regular or gluten free).
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 tbs plus 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- Pickles to serve (optional)
- Turn on your oven grill.
- Slice the chicken breast horizontally into 2 even pieces and mince the garlic. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the garlic evenly over the top of each piece.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan and heat over medium to high heat. Add the chicken breast pieces and cook for 4 -6 minutes on each side, until the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear. While the chicken is cooking add the bacon and cook for 3 -4 minutes each side until the bacon crisps up and turns deep brown.
- Meanwhile slice the rolls and put them under the oven grill (keeping an eye on them so they don’t burn). Next cut the cos lettuce leaves into thirds, slice the tomato and avocado and set aside. Once that is done place the coleslaw in a bowl and mix in 1 tbs mayonnaise. Season the coleslaw with salt and pepper. Finally, mix the remaining tsp of mayonnaise and Dijon together in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken and bacon are cooked, it’s time to assemble the burgers. Start by spreading the mayonnaise and Dijon mixture on the bottom of each roll, then divide the lettuce, tomato, chicken and avocado equally between each bun, finishing with the top of the roll. Serve with a side of coleslaw and pickles (if using).
Want an extra special treat? Serve your burgers with a handful of sweet potato crisps – YUM!
If you make my Chicken Club Burger remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this Chicken Club Burger? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.