Looking for a 20 minute meal, that tastes amazing? You will love this chicken pesto pasta. Cook it with your eyes closed…yep, it’s that easy. Plus it’s chock full of veggies, but so delicious the family will have no idea it’s healthy. Get on this one guys, you will love it!
What’s your favourite pasta recipe. Let me know in the comments below.Print
The combination of chicken, pesto and plenty of veg, makes this 20 minute pasta dish seriously healthy and delicious.
- 200g penne pasta regular or gluten free depending on your dietary requirements
- 2 tbs pesto
- 200g supermarket BBQ chicken
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Cook pasta according to packet directions in a large saucepan.
- Meanwhile shred the chicken and remove the woody ends from the asparagus and cut each spear into four pieces, and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- When the pasta has 5 minutes left to cook add the asparagus (if your asparagus spears are thin they may only need 3-4 minutes).
- Once the pasta and asparagus are cooked use a colander to drain the water from the saucepan, then pour the pasta and asparagus from the colander back into the saucepan. Stir in the pesto, chicken, cherry tomatoes and spinach.
- Place the saucepan back on the stove over a medium heat, stirring until all the ingredients are warmed and the spinach has wilted.
- If asparagus isn’t your favourite veggie, green beans work really well in this dish too!
- Look for a store brought pesto that uses only natural ingredients and with no preservatives. Here in Australia I use Barilla Pesto Alla Genovese it’s made with fresh basil and is seriously delicious.
If you make my Chicken Pesto Pasta remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this Chicken Pesto Pasta? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.