I have a theory. There is nothing a girl can’t do with a BBQ roast chook and a bag of coleslaw mix. Chicken Satay Salad Flatbreads. Exhibit A.
Not convinced? Let me break it down a little.
When the main ingredients in a recipe are supermarket short cuts one thing is guaranteed. EASY. I’m, talking, no stove, no oven, no *actual* cooking. Easy.
Then there’s that satay sauce Super simple, no blender, 3 ingredients – one of which happens to be peanut butter. And peanut butter. Well that can only mean one thing. DELICIOUS. Seriously, it’s as close to eating peanut butter out of a jar for dinner as you can get. So good.
Plus, my Chicken Satay Salad Flatbreads are so delicious, you could be tricked into thinking they’re no good for you. But, they are! All food groups covered, including a solid protein hit and a fresh, crunchy salad with 4 kinds of vegetables. And don’t worry. It’s not the kind of salad that won’t fill you up. That’s where the flatbread comes in. Or any bread you like. Gluten free. Try a gluten free wrap. Low Carb. Use lettuce leaves as a base. My favourites. Naan bread or Roti Bread. Because soft, buttery, melt in your mouth. YUM!
I’ve got a feeling this recipe is going on high rotation at your place. I mean quick, easy…peanut butter sauce. I’m calling it. Weeknight dinner perfection, on a flatbread. Total YUM!
Now tell me. What bread are you going to make this on? And doesn’t that sauce sound, THE BEST? If you make my Chicken Satay Salad Flatbread Recipe, let me know what you think in the comments below.Print
Fresh, crunchy and dripping in a satay sauce, these Chicken Satay Salad Flatbreads are crazy delicious and ready in only 15 minutes.
- 200g BBQ cooked chicken (approximately 1/2 a chicken shredded)
- 200g bag coleslaw mix
- 60g snow peas
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- ¼ cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 60ml coconut milk
- 2 tbs soy sauce or tamari for gluten free
- 2 Naan, or other flat bread depending on your dietary preference.
- 1/4 bunch coriander, to serve (optional)
- Prepare the dressing, by placing the peanut butter, soy sauce/tamari and coconut milk in a jar. Secure the lid and shake until the dressing is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Next shred the chicken and chop the snow peas and cucumber into thin slices. Transfer, the chicken, snow peas and cucumber to a large bowl and empty the coleslaw on top. Pour over the dressing and stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Heat the flat bread up in the microwave, according to packet directions. Divide the flat bread between 2 plates and top with the salad. Pick the coriander leaves and scatter them over the top.
It’s easy to make this recipe gluten free. Just pile your salad on top of a gluten free wrap and use tamari instead of soy sauce when you make the dressing.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like these awesome Chicken Satay Salad Flatbreads? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.