Everything you love about a chicken schnitzel sandwich. Just in a bowl. Think crispy chicken schnitzel, crunchy salad and pan fried bread. Yum!
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- 2 chicken schnitzel, regular or gluten free depending on your dietary requirements.
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- ½ continental cucumber
- ½ avocado
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 4 to 5 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Meanwhile, rinse and chop the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
- Discard the oil from the frying pan and place it back on medium-high heat. Place 2 slices of bread in the frying pan and cook until one side is golden, then flip to cook the other side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the chicken schnitzels in half then divide the schnitzel, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber avocado and pan-fried bread between 2 bowls. Finish with a dollop of mayonnaise.
- Want to get a bit fancy? Add some spice to your mayo. Hot tip. Smokey paprika is really good.
- In Australia, you can get gluten free chicken schnitzel at Woolworths. Check out the deets here.
- If you suffer food intolerances or allergies, please make sure all the ingredients are safe for you to eat.