The way to my heart…buy me food, make me food, be food! This Valentines Day I’m saying it with pretzels… sweet, salty, crunchy, choc caramel pretzels. Drooling? You should be! My choc caramel pretzels are all kinds of delish, but still healthy. Yep, they are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free (no one misses out!) Plus, they are super easy to make. If you have 25 minutes and can melt, dip and drizzle…you got this!
Share the love…choc-caramel pretzels for ERRRYONE!
If you make them, leave me a comment. I’d love to know what you think.
Chocolate Caramel Pretzels
Yield 4 serves
Choc caramel pretzels are the ultimate sweet, salty, crunchy treat. And the good news? They're gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free so everyone can enjoy them.
- 75g gluten free pretzels
- 80g of dairy free and refined sugar free dark chocolate
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla essence
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, and place pretzels on the tray.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and transfer into a microwave safe bowl or jug. Microwave the chocolate on high for 30 seconds, give it a stir, then microwave in 10 second bursts, until the chocolate has fully melted.
- Dip half of each pretzel into the melted chocolate then place onto the baking tray. When finished pop the tray in the fridge.
- Now we’re going to make the caramel sauce. Pop the rice malt syrup, almond butter and vanilla into a small saucepan on medium heat, and stir until the mixture has melted and is bubbling. Take off the heat.
- Remove the pretzels from the fridge and use a teaspoon to drizzle caramel sauce over the other half of the pretzel.
- Place in the fridge for a further 5 minutes, or until set. Store in an air tight container.
- Gluten free pretzels can be tricky to find. I used Eskal pretzels that I found at my local Foodworks supermarket. If gluten doesn’t cause you tummy trouble, it’s okay to use regular pretzels instead.
- I used Loving Earth dark chocolate, which is dairy free, refined sugar free, and gluten free. If you’re looking for another option that’s dairy free, try Lindt dark chocolate, 80% cocoa or above. It’s not refined sugar free, but it’s low in sugar (less than 5g a serve).
- Don’t have a microwave? Melt the chocolate over a double boiler on the stove.
If you make my Choc Caramel Pretzels remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S Now you’ve got your snacks sorted get your dinner sorted too. Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.