Okay guys. Let’s get real. Salad on its own. B.O.R.I.N.G! But, a cheesy quesadilla salad. You’ve got yourself a deal.
This salad is awesome, because it’s just the right amount of healthy AND yum! I’ve got all food groups covered – veggies, carbs, protein, fats and cheese (oops, I mean dairy). The Tex Mex Dressing is creamy, dreamy, to die for. Plus, did I mention CHEESY QUESADILLAS? Cos, if that’s not enough to make a salad exciting. I don’t know what is.
And if you’re looking for a salad that is *actually* filling. Kick your shoes off and do a happy dance. Because this bowl of delicious will keep you full up…all night long. All Night. All night. All Night Long (oh hey, Lionel). And with a 15-minute cook time (if you can *actually* call it that, cos sooo easy) this salad wins SALAD.OF.THE.YEAR!
When you try it (I know you will, cos be warned, cheesy quesadillas are irresistible) let me know what you think. And if you have any other suggestions for making salads less boring, I’d love to hear them.Print
This salad has just the right amount of healthy and YUM. Think, all the good stuff – crunchy salad, avocado and chicken, paired with a creamy Tex Mex dressing AND cheesy quesadillas. Did somebody say CHEESY QUESADILLAS? If you thought you couldn’t love a salad. It’s official. You were wrong!
- ½ supermarket roast chicken (200g once shredded)
- ¼ iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- ½ avocado
- ½ bunch coriander
- 2 tortillas
- 1/3 cup grated tasty cheese
Tex Mex Dressing
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ fresh lime
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- To make your quesadilla, lay a tortilla flat on a plate, sprinkle with cheese and place another tortilla on top. If you have a sandwich press switch it on.
- While, the sandwich press is heating up, make your dressing by combining the sour cream, juice of ½ lime, cumin, paprika and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Next, place the tortilla in a heated sandwich press and cook until cheese has melted and the outside is golden and crisp, or cook in a frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil over medium-high heat, carefully flipping occasionally, until the cheese is melted and both sides are golden.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken, then roughly chop the lettuce, tomato, avocado, cucumber and pick the coriander leaves. Divide the salad between two bowls.
- When your quesadilla is ready remove it from the sandwich press or frying pan and cut it into 8 slices. Arrange the quesadilla slices on the side of your salad bowl and finish with a big drizzle of creamy Tex Mex dressing.
- So, you’re going to have some leftover tortillas and sour cream. And you know, what that means? Your NEED to make tacos, or these 24 other things you can make with leftover tortillas. I know. Such a hard life.
- If your quesadilla is ready before you finish preparing your salad, remove it from the heat, warming it again just before you’re ready to serve up.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Chopped Chicken + Cheesy Quesadilla Salad? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.