I don’t usually do breakfast recipes here at You Totally Got This, but I have decided to make an exception for this Double Chocolate Granola. Because OMG, SO DELICIOUS!
The combo of oats, crunchy nuts, coconut and lots and lots of chocolate is so good, you will actually want to get out of bed to eat breakfast. And don’t worry. You won’t be starting the day on a sugar high. The magic combo of dark chocolate, cacao and coconut flakes makes this brekkie low in sugar, but still deliciously sweet (oh and vegans rejoice, my double chocolate granola is accidentally vegan too!)
This recipe. HUGE hit over on the ‘gram. You guys are going to love it. When you make it (because you will). Report back. I want all the double choc details.Print
A deliciously crunchy combo of oats, nuts, coconut flakes with lots and lots of chocolate. There is no avoiding it. This Double Chocolate Granola will be your new favourite breakfast.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs coconut oil or butter
- 3 tbs rice malt syrup or honey
- 45g of 85% cacao or above dark chocolate
- Milk or yoghurt to serve, use plant-based if you are vegan or dairy intolerant
- Preheat oven to 120C (fan forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper. Melt coconut oil/butter. Roughly chop almonds and chocolate. Set aside separately.
- Place oats, almonds, coconut flakes, cacao/coco, coconut oil/butter, rice malt syrup/honey in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Spread granola evenly over prepared tray and cook for 25 minutes, turning with a spatula half way through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle over chopped chocolate. Serve with yoghurt or milk.
Store your double chocolate granola in an air tight container for 2 to 3 weeks. Hot tip: It won’t last that lon
A handful of double chocolate granola makes an awesome afternoon snack. Guaranteed to get you through to dinner.
Keywords: Breakfast, Granola, Chocolate
P.S – Now we’ve got your breakfast sorted, what about dinner? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.