A deliciously crunchy combo of oats, nuts, coconut flakes with lots and lots of chocolate. There is no avoiding it. This Double Chocolate Granola will be your new favourite breakfast.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs coconut oil or butter
- 3 tbs rice malt syrup or honey
- 45g of 85% cacao or above dark chocolate
- Milk or yoghurt to serve, use plant-based if you are vegan or dairy intolerant
- Preheat oven to 120C (fan forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper. Melt coconut oil/butter. Roughly chop almonds and chocolate. Set aside separately.
- Place oats, almonds, coconut flakes, cacao/coco, coconut oil/butter, rice malt syrup/honey in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Spread granola evenly over prepared tray and cook for 25 minutes, turning with a spatula half way through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle over chopped chocolate. Serve with yoghurt or milk.
Store your double chocolate granola in an air tight container for 2 to 3 weeks. Hot tip: It won’t last that lon
A handful of double chocolate granola makes an awesome afternoon snack. Guaranteed to get you through to dinner.
Keywords: Breakfast, Granola, Chocolate