I LOVE Dumplings!
But, somehow it doesn’t seem right to *just* eat dumplings for dinner. I like a big hit of veggies. Especially on a weeknight. I admit it. I’m kind of boring like that.
Well enter the incredible YTGT dumpling stir fry. It’s everything I love about dumplings, but with a good serve of just cooked (still a little bit crunchy, just how I like them) veg, coated in a flavour packed, easy to make, stir fry sauce.
This recipe is seriously simple and super yum. And, once you go there, you will be like, WHOA! Why aren’t we ALL eating dumpling stir fries, ALL the time??
And then there’s all the other things I love about this recipe, like:
- No one ever turns their nose up at eating this, cos dumplings.
- Pork, chicken, prawn, veggie – steamed, boiled, fried – you can do dumpling stir fry any which way you like it.
- Just in case you didn’t know…gluten free dumplings exist. Not even kidding.
- Easy. One Pan. Total weeknight dinner trifecta.
Okay so now, you’re convinced you need a dumpling stir fry for dinner, I bet your asking…where do I even buy dumplings? Well, fellow dumpling lovers. It’s officially the BEST time to be alive. You, my friends, can pick up frozen dumplings from your local supermarket. I’m talking, loaded with fresh ingredients, homemade, yummy dumplings right there in the freezer case. I know, right? Blew my mind. Changed my life. If you’re an Aussie look out for, Mr Chens (including their gluten free range). They are my fav.
Now, just putting it out there. If you would like to invite me over for a dumpling stir fry, I would probably say yes?
I like them pan fried with crispy bottoms. Just so you know.
How do you like your dumplings?
Dumpling Stir Fry
Yield 2 serves
Think fat juicy dumplings, lightly pan fried with fresh veg, and a flavour packed sauce. This is not your average stir fry. It will actually change your life.
- 12 frozen dumplings, any kind
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 5 tbs water
- 1 carrot
- 1 red capsicum
- 150g snow peas
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Preheat the sesame oil in a deep frying pan over medium to high heat. Transfer the frozen dumplings to the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add 5 tbs water to the frying pan and cover with a lid or aluminium foil. Steam for another 4 minutes until the dumplings are cooked. Remove the dumplings from the frying pan. While the dumplings are cooking chop the carrot, capsicum and snow peas into thin matchsticks and mince the garlic. Set them aside.
- Reduce heat to medium high and add the carrot, capsicum, snow peas and garlic to the frying pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, but still crisp. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and chilli flakes.
- Transfer the dumplings back into the frying pan and pour over stir fry sauce. Gently give all the ingredients a stir.
- Divide the dumpling stir fry between 2 bowls and drizzle with any sauce remaining in the bottom of the frying pan.
- Got your hands on some gluten free dumplings? Just use tamari instead of soy sauce and wal-ah! Gluten free dumpling stir fry. Pure magic.
- If you prefer boiled or steamed dumplings, go for it. Just follow the directions on the pack to cook your dumplings any which way.
If you make my Dumpling Stir Fry remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Dumpling Stir Fry recipe? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.