There’s nothing more certain in life than death, taxes and a leftover apple and banana in the fruit bowl at the end of the week. Death and taxes, well that part sucks. But, the leftover fruit. Give me a YAY!! Because it means you can make my easy apple + banana sugar free muffins.
Think crunchy top and soft, crumbly inside. These delicious muffins, are naturally sweetened with apple and banana AND completely sugar free. But, seriously! You would never know. Cos, so deliciously sweet. They’re nut free too, which makes them perfect for school lunch boxes or a quick and healthy breakfast.
Plus, talk about simple. Other than the apple and banana, these sugar free muffins are made using 5 ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen – flour, butter, eggs, baking powder and cinnamon. Yep. That’s it. So easy!
Bet you never thought, you’d be hoping for leftover bananas at the end of the week. If you give these a try, leave a comment to let me know what you think. My hunch – you are going to love them!
Easy Apple & Banana Sugar Free Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
Deliciously sweet, soft and crumbly apple and banana muffins that are completely sugar free. Its official. The perfect lunch box snack has landed.
- 2 ripe bananas (plus 1 extra banana optional)
- 2 apples
- 150g butter
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F (160C/320F fan forced) and line a 12 hole muffin tin with squares of baking paper or muffin cases.
- Peel and grate the apples and chop the butter into cubes. Transfer the apple and butter into a small saucepan and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the butter has melted and the apple has softened.
- Meanwhile, mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl, using the back of a fork and then add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and eggs. When the apple and butter mixture is ready, transfer it to the mixing bowl, and stir all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin. If you have an extra banana, slice it into rounds and pop a slice of banana on top of each muffin.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Make my apple and banana sugar free muffins gluten free, by using gluten free self-raising flour and baking powder.
If you make my Easy Apple & Banana Muffins remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Now your snacks are sorted, get dinner sorted too. Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.