So long banana bread, it is officially the era of the banana bread cookie.
Why? Literally, there are SO many whys. Here are just a few:
- Quick. Banana bread takes 60 minutes to cook. Banana bread cookies? Ready in 25 minutes. *Cue mic drop*
- Easy. If you can measure and mix, you can make this recipe. It’s simple as. Plus, you can eat them straight from the tray. No slicing is required.
- Healthy. 3 all-natural ingredients – bananas, oats, and peanut butter. – with no added sugar. And the best part? You probably already have everything you need in your pantry.
- Choc chips. They are optional but highly recommended. And, you don’t have to stop at choc chips, Nuts or dried fruit make awesome add-ins.
- Legitimate breakfast food (refer to ingredients list above). Did somebody say cookies for breakfast? Oh yes. Yes, we did.
- Total yum. Think soft, sweet, and (for a 3-ingredient, healthy cookie) REALLY delicious,
So yes. This is not a phase. It is an era. Banana bread cookies are the new banana bread. Now, let’s get baking!
Are you going to join me in the banana bread cookie era? Y/N Hot tip….there’s only one correct answer to that question.Print
Easy Banana Bread Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Newsflash. Banana bread cookies are the new banana bread. Soft, sweet, and just plain yum. Hot tip. Rescue those ripe bananas from the bottom of your fruit bowl and get baking. Stat!
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter (crunchy or smooth…you decide [although crunchy is always superior, in my humble opinion])
- 2 large ripe bananas (the riper the better)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (optional, but highly recommended. I used Noshu sugar-free chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius/350 Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with the back of a fork, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the oats and peanut butter and stir until all the ingredients are mixed together to form a thick cookie batter.
- If using, now is the time to sprinkle in the chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Place heaped tablespoons of cookie batter onto the lined baking tray, and use your hands, or the back of a spoon, to form a cookie shape.
- Transfer the tray to the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. You will know the cookies are ready when they start to golden around the edges.
- Cool and enjoy!
- Banana bread cookies are soft, just like banana bread. If you’re a crispy cookie lover, these may not be for you.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or for a delicious anytime snack, freeze for up to 3 months.
- Nut allergy? We got you. Substitute peanut butter for tahini.
- If you have an allergy to gluten, remember to check the oats you are using are gluten-free.
P.S – Now we’ve got your snacks sorted, let’s get your dinner sorted too? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.