Say hello to Cazuela (aka a totally delicious South American soup). I discovered Cazuela on holiday in Chile and haven’t stopped thinking about it since. Why? Because it tastes so freaking AMAZING! My 30-minute easy Cazuela recipe is quick and simple to make, but packed full of flavour. Plus, it’s totally good for you. I mean look at all those veggies. Eat a bowl of Cazulea and you are guaranteed to feel absolutely awesome.
But that’s not even the best bit. Cazulea isn’t like ordinary soup. It’s served over rice so it actually fills you up. Yep, there will be no rumbles in the tummy after this bowl of yum. Cazuela is seriously next level winter comfort food. But don’t just take my word for it. Give my Easy Cazuela Recipe a try, and let me know what you think in the comments below.Print
Easy Cazuela Recipe
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 serves 1x
Cazuela is South Americas best kept secret. A rice based soup with chicken and vegetables, that is hearty and seriously delicious. And now, thanks to this quick and easy recipe, it’s the perfect weeknight meal.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 large chicken breast (350 grams)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 medium potato
- 200g pumpkin (2 large chunks)
- 1 cob corn
- 100g green beans
- 2 tbs fresh parsley
- 2 tbs fresh coriander
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1 pack microwave rice
- bread (regular or gluten free) to serve – optional, but yum!
- Pour the stock and water into a large saucepan, add paprika, coriander, oregano and pepper, and then bring the stock to boil.
- Meanwhile, butterfly the chicken fillet, cut into 4 pieces and sprinkle the chicken with salt on both sides. Roughly cut the potato into quarters leaving the skin on.
- When the stock has boiled add the chicken and potato to the saucepan. Bring the stock back to the boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken and potato are cooking cut 2 large pieces of pumpkin, remove the husk from the corn and cut the cob in half, and remove the ends from the green beans then slice them length ways.
- After 10 minutes, add the corn and pumpkin to the saucepan and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes then add the green beans. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. You may need to give the veggies a bit of a stir to make sure they are immersed in the stock.
- In the last 5 minutes, cook the rice in the microwave according to packet directions, and chop the parsley and coriander.
- Divide the rice between 2 bowls. Use a slotted spoon to remove equal portions of the chicken, potato, pumpkin, corn and beans into each bowl, then pour over stock. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and coriander
- Serve with a slice of fresh bread.
- Cazuela is a great way to use up leftover veggies, like carrots and zucchini. If it’s looking sad, throw it in!
- Not a fan of chicken? Traditional Cazuela is made with all kinds of meat, so why not try beef, pork or lamb.
- Can’t be faffed slicing the beans? That’s okay just throw them in whole with the pumpkin and corn to give them enough time to cook through.
If you make my Easy Cazuela Recipe remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.