Salad days are here again. And the good news? You can ditch the local café, and make a healthy and delicious Chicken Caesar Salad at home. No hidden nasties, just a whole lot of YUM. Plus, it’s super quick to make. I’m talking less than 20 minutes. Yep, I’m pretty certain it’s in the running for BEST salad recipe ever!
So what’s the game plan? Simple! What doesn’t get thrown in the bowl, goes in the oven…yep even the egg! And the best bit? No greasy stove top to clean after dinner. Big woo-hoo for that!
And if you are worried about this being rabbit food, don’t be! This salad is packed with proteins, good fats, healthy carbs, and even extra veg. It’s literally the perfect quick and healthy dinner, complete with crispy prosciutto AND crispy pita chips. I mean crispy anything, YUM! But double crispy…out of this world salad experience guaranteed.
If you make it, leave me a comment to let me know what you think. I’d love to hear from you.Print
You can ditch the local café, and make a healthy and delicious Chicken Caesar Salad at home. It is so simple, because what you don’t throw in the bowl, you cook in the oven – even the egg! No mess, no fuss, just a whole lot of delicious.
- 1 cos lettuce
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 eggs
- 150g supermarket roast chicken
- 2 tbs of flaked parmesan
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 wholemeal pita bread or gluten free wrap depending on your dietary requirements
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbs greek or natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic minced (make sure it’s a little one or it will overpower the dressing)
- 1 anchovy finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F, line 2 baking trays with baking paper, and lightly grease 2 holes in a muffin tin with olive oil or butter.
- Place the slices of prosciutto on one baking tray, and crack the eggs into the greased holes in your muffin tin. For the crispy pita chips, brush one side of the pita bread with olive oil and sprinkle over the crushed garlic. Cut the pita bread into 8 wedges and place garlic side up on the remaining baking tray.
- Put the prosciutto, eggs, and pita chips in the oven and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the eggs are cooked and the prosciutto and pita are crispy.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken, seperate the lettuce leaves, and cut the cucumber into thin ribbons (I use a veggie peeler) then divide the lettuce, cucumber, spinach, and chicken between two bowls. Next make the salad dressing by combining the yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and anchovy (if using) in a bowl or jar and season with salt and pepper.
- When ready, remove prosciutto, eggs and pita chips from the oven. Break the prosciutto into small pieces and crumble half over each bowl. Top each bowl with an egg, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and drizzle over the dressing.
- Serve with pita chips.
Leftover pita bread or wraps? You’re in luck! Use your leftovers to make pizza. It’s a great way to use up all the bits and pieces in your fridge. Or try this Taco Pizza…it’s crazy delicious.
If you make my Easy Chicken Caesar Salad remember share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this Chicken Caesar Salad? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.