I love Turkish pide (aka Turkish pizza). I mean, I don’t know about you, but I’ve never met a pizza I didn’t like. Pide (pronounced pea-day) is a Turkish bread stuffed with yummy fillings like, seasoned lamb, spinach and feta. It’s basically a little pocket of amazingly delicious YUM!
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. I ain’t got time to make pide. And you’re right. Traditional pide recipes start with cooking the bread from scratch. Not this one. All you need to do is cook the filling, grab a bread roll, then BOOM! Super delicious pide on the table in 30 minutes. It may not be super authentic, but it is seriously tasty AND super easy! Plus, stuffed with lamb and veggies, my Easy Lamb Pide Recipe is pretty darn healthy too.
Now, go and enjoy this easy and delish Lamb Pide for dinner. Let me know what you think in the comments below.Print
Using one sneaky trick, this recipe gives you all the taste of a delicious lamb pide in less than half the time.
- 2 long wide rolls.
- 250g lamb mince
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 60g fetta
- 2 cups of mixed leaves
- 1 lemon
- 2tbs natural yogurt to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Finely chop the onion, tomato, and parsley and transfer to a mixing bowl. Next, add the lamb, spinach, fetta, chilli flakes (if using) and mince the garlic directly into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking tray, then flatten out the mixture with the back of a spoon. Place the tray in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes. You will know it’s ready when the lamb has browned.
- Meanwhile, cut the top off the bread rolls, and hollow out the inside to make room for your pide filling. Once the filling has cooked, spoon the filling into the hollowed bread rolls then place the rolls back in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp up. You could even sprinkle more feta over the top for some extra yum.
- Serve each pide with mixed leaves and lemon wedges. Drizzle with yoghurt (if using).
- Live in Australia? Hungarian rolls from Bakers Delight are perfect for this recipe.
- Make this recipe gluten free by using a gluten free roll…too easy! Or switch the roll for a baked sweet potato. It might take a bit longer to cook, but oh my YUM!
- Dairy intolerant? Skip the fetta and drizzle your pide with coconut yoghurt instead.
- Use your oven time to get a start on the cleaning. That way there will be less to do after dinner – yay!
If you make my Easy Lamb Pide Recipe remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.