Thanks to this one pot easy spaghetti bolognese, everyones favourite weeknight meal just got easier.
- 250g of beef mince
- 185g fresh fettuccini (or your favourite fresh pasta)
- 1 cup of tomato and basil passatta sauce
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup water
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 tbs of grated parmesan
- 2 cups mixed leaves to serve
- Grate the onion, carrot and garlic.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium to high heat, add the mince and then stir in the onion, garlic and carrot. Cook the mince until browned.
- Drain off any excess fat from the frying pan then add the passatta sauce and spinach. Stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the fettuccini and water. Stir until the fettuccini is covered by sauce and then leave it to sit for 3 minutes. Stirring half way through.
- Divide the bolognese sauce between 2 plates. Top with grated parmesan and serve with a side of mixed leaves.
- Want to feed the whole family. Easy! Except the onion, just double the ingredients.
- If fussy family members won’t let you get away with adding spinach to your sauce, try sneaking in some grated zucchini or add another veggie to your side salad.
- I used Latina Fresh Egg Fettuccini, available from Woolworths and Coles in Australia. The pack says it serves 2, but the serving size is HUGE. Just use half the pack and freeze the leftovers for next time.