With a great deal of pleasure, I’d like to introduce you to the most delicious weeknight meal you’ve ever met, the Halloumi Souvlaki – aka, a soft warm pita spread lightly with dill spiked tzatziki, piled high with crunchy lettuce, fresh tomatoes, olives and crispy fried halloumi. It’s basically, the definition of ohmygoodness YUM!
There are so many good things about this recipe, but I’m just going to give you the highlights so you can get cooking ASAP:
- The star of this recipe is fried halloumi. It’s gooey, it’s crispy, it’s legitimately the best food on earth.
- Super quick. Super easy. You will eat a Halloumi Souvlaki for dinner once a week for the rest of your life. Consider yourself warned.
- It’s the type of vegetarian food that non vegetarians won’t even notice is vegetarian. Yes. That good.
- Fried cheese, but still kind of healthy thanks to a good helping of fresh and crunchy lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Amen.
Okay, so now the introductions are done. Go forth. Get to know the Halloumi Souvlaki for yourself. It might be early in your relationship, but I’m pretty sure. You guys are totally going to fall in love.
If you cook my Halloumi Souvlaki, let me know what you think. So awesome, right?Print
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Greek
You are just 15 minutes away from biting into a soft warm pita spread lightly with dill spiked tzatziki, piled high with crunchy lettuce, fresh tomatoes, olives and crispy fried halloumi. That my friends is a halloumi souvlaki. And it is AMAZING!
- 2 Greek pita bread
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 120g halloumi cheese
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- 4 tbs tzatziki
- 2 tsp dill
- Heat frying pan over medium heat and lightly coat with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Place one pita bread into the frying pan and lightly fry on both sides until just golden. Remove pita from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with other pita bread.
- Meanwhile, chop the lettuce, tomatoes, olives and dill. Slice the halloumi. Set aside.
- Drizzle the other tsp of olive oil into the same frying pan and lightly fry the halloumi on both sides until golden.
- Assemble your souvlaki by spreading your pita with tzatziki, sprinkling over the dill, then topping with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and halloumi.
- Wrap up and enjoy.
- You can find Greek pita bread with the packaged baked goods at your supermarket. If you can’t find them, don’t stress. This recipe works great with regular wraps too.
- Personalise your halloumi souvlaki with your favourite ingredients. I love adding fresh cucumber during summer.
Keywords: Cheese, Vegetarian, Halloumi, Souvlaki
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Halloumi Souvlaki recipe? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.
what sort of pita did you get and where from?
i haven’t been able to find a good one
I didn’t see this comment come in, I’m so sorry I am only responding now.
I’m in Melbourne and my fav are Mr Pitta pitas from my local Foodworks. I also buy these one from Woolies sometimes: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/98602/middle-east-pita-bread-souvlaki-pizzhttps://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/98602/middle-east-pita-bread-souvlaki-pizza but I believe they are only available in Melbourne. Who knew Greek pita was so heard to come by? Have you had any luck finding them?
oh god can’t believe a delicious dinner in just 15 minutes, a great recipe thank you for coming up with delicious food recipes too
You are SO welcome! I love the challenge of coming up with fast and tasty recipes. I’m so glad you enjoyed this one.
That looks so so amazing and delicious recipe. I have to try it tonight for my family. Thanks for sharing and love your site
Thank you SO much! I hope you and your family enjoyed the souvlaki. Halloumi anything is awesome, right?
I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know you love the site. Take care. Rani
It looks so amazing and delicious.
How good is halloumi, right? Thank you so much for checking out You Totally Got This.