You are just 15 minutes away from biting into a soft warm pita spread lightly with dill spiked tzatziki, piled high with crunchy lettuce, fresh tomatoes, olives and crispy fried halloumi. That my friends is a halloumi souvlaki. And it is AMAZING!
- 2 Greek pita bread
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 120g halloumi cheese
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- 4 tbs tzatziki
- 2 tsp dill
- Heat frying pan over medium heat and lightly coat with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Place one pita bread into the frying pan and lightly fry on both sides until just golden. Remove pita from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with other pita bread.
- Meanwhile, chop the lettuce, tomatoes, olives and dill. Slice the halloumi. Set aside.
- Drizzle the other tsp of olive oil into the same frying pan and lightly fry the halloumi on both sides until golden.
- Assemble your souvlaki by spreading your pita with tzatziki, sprinkling over the dill, then topping with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and halloumi.
- Wrap up and enjoy.
- You can find Greek pita bread with the packaged baked goods at your supermarket. If you can’t find them, don’t stress. This recipe works great with regular wraps too.
- Personalise your halloumi souvlaki with your favourite ingredients. I love adding fresh cucumber during summer.
Keywords: Cheese, Vegetarian, Halloumi, Souvlaki