I’m the first to admit. This recipe sounds kinda boring. I mean ham and asparagus pasta, really?
But stick with me guys, because it’s totally delicious. There is something about ham, asparagus and Parmesan together that works. Like, really, really works. And it’s really, really YUM!
But, there is some other cool stuff about this pasta, that you really need to know about. Like, it is the *actual* best for using up leftovers. I mean, there’s always a couple of slices of ham hanging around at the end of the week. Ham gremlins. Ammaright?
Plus, you don’t need to stick to asparagus, spinach and peas. You could switch it up for whatever you’ve got left in the fridge. I’ve tried broccoli or beans, and they work really well too.
Plus, it’s quick and easy. I’m talking. 15 minutes, one pan, time to clean up while you’re cooking. Boom. You’re done. Where’s the Netflix remote?
This has been one of our family favourites for years. Minus the peas. You know. Hubby with the tastebuds of a two year old.
Hope you guys like it as much as we do. If you try it. Leave me a comment. I’d love to know what you think.
Ham + Asparagus Pasta
This pasta is seriously quick and easy, but amazingly tasty. Ham, asparagus and parmesan. Total match made in food heaven.
- 200g penne pasta regular or gluten free depending on dietary requirements.
- 160g ham
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs shaved Parmesan
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions.
- While, the pasta is cooking chop the ham into thin strips, chop asparagus into 5cm pieces (discarding the woody ends), rinse the spinach and remove ½ cup of peas from the freezer.
- When the pasta has 2 minutes left to cook, add the asparagus to the water. Once, the pasta has cooked and the asparagus is bright green, use a colander to drain the water, then transfer the pasta and asparagus from the colander back into the saucepan.
- Return the saucepan to the stove over medium heat and stir through the ham, spinach, peas and olive oil. Gently stir for 2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted and the peas are bright green. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta between two bowls and top with shaved Parmesan.
If you make my Ham and Asparagus Pasta remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Ham and Asparagus Pasta? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.