This pasta is seriously quick and easy, but amazingly tasty. Ham, asparagus and parmesan. Total match made in food heaven.
- 200g penne pasta regular or gluten free depending on dietary requirements.
- 160g ham
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs shaved Parmesan
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions.
- While, the pasta is cooking chop the ham into thin strips, chop asparagus into 5cm pieces (discarding the woody ends), rinse the spinach and remove ½ cup of peas from the freezer.
- When the pasta has 2 minutes left to cook, add the asparagus to the water. Once, the pasta has cooked and the asparagus is bright green, use a colander to drain the water, then transfer the pasta and asparagus from the colander back into the saucepan.
- Return the saucepan to the stove over medium heat and stir through the ham, spinach, peas and olive oil. Gently stir for 2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted and the peas are bright green. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta between two bowls and top with shaved Parmesan.
This recipe is a great way to use up any leftover ham at the end of the week.