What could be better than carrot cake? Ummmm…healthy carrot cake that actually tastes delicious. Like really, really this can’t be healthy, this cake might actually change your life, DELICIOUS!
And if being delicious isn’t enough, my carrot cake is healthy. Carrots are packed full of fibre and beta-carotene which converts into Vitamin A. Plus my healthy carrot cakes are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free as well. They make the perfect snack, or grab and go breakfast. Did you say cake for breakfast? Damn straight! They really are that good for you.
And because they’re mini healthy carrot cakes, they don’t take long cook, at all. I’m talking, 30 minutes max. Everyone’s got 30 minutes, especially for cake!
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to get your bake on. And don’t forget to let me know what you think in the comments below.Print
A moist and delicious carrot cake that’s gluten free, sugar free and dairy free. It’s the perfect quick and easy snack or dessert.
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 large carrot (or 2 small carrots)
- 2 eggs
- 60ml olive oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or vanilla powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing depending on your dietary requirements
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and grease a mini loaf tin with coconut oil or butter. Grease the bottom of the tin really well to prevent them from sticking.
- Finely chop the walnuts and grate the carrot, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the almond meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and baking powder and stir until combined.
- Next, make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients then add the carrot, eggs, rice malt syrup, olive oil and vanilla and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Use a spoon to transfer the mixture into the prepared mini loaf tin, filling each hole about three quarters of the way, then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool before turning out your mini loafs onto a cooling rack.
- Serve with coconut or regular yoghurt with extra chopped walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- No mini loaf tin? Don’t stress. Use the batter to make delicious carrot cake muffins. YUM!
- Want to make my healthy carrot cakes extra special. Pimp them up with some cream cheese icing. Just whiz 100g cream cheese, a tablespoon of rice malt syrup and the zest of half a lemon together in a blender until it’s light and fluffy. How easy is that?
If you make my Healthy Carrot Cake remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of yummy dinner recipes? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.
P.S.S – The guys at mydeal.com.au loved this recipe so much, they featured it on their list of 5 Allergy Friendly Recipes that Actually Taste Good. How cool is that?