A moist and delicious carrot cake that’s gluten free, sugar free and dairy free. It’s the perfect quick and easy snack or dessert.
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 large carrot (or 2 small carrots)
- 2 eggs
- 60ml olive oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or vanilla powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing depending on your dietary requirements
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and grease a mini loaf tin with coconut oil or butter. Grease the bottom of the tin really well to prevent them from sticking.
- Finely chop the walnuts and grate the carrot, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the almond meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and baking powder and stir until combined.
- Next, make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients then add the carrot, eggs, rice malt syrup, olive oil and vanilla and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Use a spoon to transfer the mixture into the prepared mini loaf tin, filling each hole about three quarters of the way, then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool before turning out your mini loafs onto a cooling rack.
- Serve with coconut or regular yoghurt with extra chopped walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- No mini loaf tin? Don’t stress. Use the batter to make delicious carrot cake muffins. YUM!
- Want to make my healthy carrot cakes extra special. Pimp them up with some cream cheese icing. Just whiz 100g cream cheese, a tablespoon of rice malt syrup and the zest of half a lemon together in a blender until it’s light and fluffy. How easy is that?