Craving chocolate RIGHT NOW! Who isn’t? This quick and easy healthy chocolate mug cake will do the trick. It only takes minutes, is super low in sugar and is gluten free and vegan friendly. Oh, and it’s got a melted chocolate centre…sold!Print
Craving chocolate? This rich and decadent 2 minute chocolate mug cake will smash those cravings. And the good news? It is gluten free, dairy free and super low in sugar. Seriously it’s cake that is practically good for you.
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- ½ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 squares dark chocolate (I used 90% cacoa from Lindt, which doesn’t contain any dairy)
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl, except for the chocolate, until the batter is well combined.
- Pour the batter into a mug, and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Open the microwave, push the dark chocolate into the batter, and microwave for another 30 seconds. That’s it, you’re done!
- Everyone’s microwave is different, so if your mug cake is not cooked after one minute, just continue to microwave in 10 second bursts until it is done.
- If gluten or dairy isn’t an issue for you, switch out almond milk for regular milk and almond meal for plain flour. The mug cake will cook in exactly the same way, and still be a super yummy low sugar treat.
- Pimp your cake with your favourite toppings, I love coconut yoghurt and berries – YUM!
- Want more awesome tips on foods you can cook in the microwave? You will love this post.
If you make my Healthy Chocolate Mug Cake remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Now you’ve got your snacks sorted, get dinner sorted too. Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.