Just when you thought pizza couldn’t get any better, this happened. Healthy naan pizza! Uh-huh, that’s right…Naan Pizza. How’s that for absolutely fur-reaking amazing?!!
I mean, what could be better than a buttery naan base, with all your favourite pizza toppings? There’s really only one way to describe it. Holy YUM!
Apart from tasting seriously good. Naan is lighter than a regular pizza base. So, when you load it up with delicious healthy toppings, you’ve got yourself an EPIC healthy weeknight dinner.
And talk about easy! Pile on the toppings, 10 minutes in the oven and BOOM! Pizza like you’ve never tasted before.
Once you try Naan Pizza, there is no going back. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Healthy Naan Pizza
Yield 2 pizzas
Load delicious naan bread up with all your favourite healthy toppings for a weeknight dinner that is a whole lot of YUM!
- 2 naan breads
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning or oregano flakes
- ¼ red onion
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tomato
- 2 large slices of roasted red capsicum (peppers)
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 12 black olives
- 45g feta cheese
- 2 cups rocket or mixed leaves to serve.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place your naan bread on the prepared tray. Spread each naan bread with tomato paste and sprinkle with Italian seasoning or oregano flakes.
- Next thinly slice the tomato and red onion, and cut your red pepper into thin strips.
- Top your naan bread with the tomato, baby spinach, red peppers, prosciutto and olives.
- Finally crumble fetta over the top of each naan bread and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with rocket or mixed leaves.
- Rules, what rules? The best thing about naan pizza is you can top it with anything you like. No one is going to be complaining about having Naan Pizza for dinner.
- Look for a Naan bread that’s got no artificial colours or preservatives and 2g of sugar or less. If you’re in Australia, my favourites are Stonefire Naan from Coles and Ancient Fire Naan from Woolworths.
- If you are sensitive to gluten then naan is out. But, don’t miss the pizza party, use a gluten free pizza base or wrap instead.
If you make my Healthy Naan Pizza, remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Find me at @youtotallygotthis and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you! Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.