Pancakes for dinner….give me a hell yeah! It’s Shrove Tuesday next week, the perfect excuse to eat your body weight in pancakes. If you’re like me and pancakes dripping in maple syrup aren’t your thing, or you just want a healthier option, I’ve got you covered. These quick and simple sweet corn pancakes are light, fluffy and amazingly delicious. And the best bit? These pancakes are healthy. That’s right, 3 serves of veg on every plate. Yep, you can have your pancakes and your healthy too. Plus, if you have never tried chorizo, you are in for a treat! It’s a sausage, and sausage is delicious. Seriously, pancakes never tasted so good!Print
Sweet Corn Pancakes with Chorizo Salsa
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 serves 1x
Sounds fancy, tastes amazing, but takes no time cook. Plus, you legit get to eat pancakes for dinner. Hot tip: Get these sweet corn pancakes with chorizo salsa on your meal plan this week.
- ½ cup plain flour, regular or gluten free depending on your dietary requirements
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk or dairy free alternative
- 125g tin of sweet corn kernels
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Pepper to season
- 1 Spanish chorizo
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium tomato
- ½ red onion
- 1 long red chilli
- ½ cup coriander
- 1 lime
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, egg, and milk until just combined. Drain the corn kernels and fold them into the pancake mixture. Season with pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Use a spoon to drop 2 tbs of batter (per pancake) into the pan, and flatten to form a small round pancake. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more olive oil if needed. The mixture makes 4 pancakes in total, I like to cook them in 2 batches. Cook the pancakes until golden, about 3 minutes each side. Remove to a plate.
- While the first batch of pancakes is cooking make your salsa. Finely chop the tomato, onion, chilli (deseed the chilli first if you don’t like things hot) and coriander, put all the ingredients in a bowl and squeeze the juice of half the lime over the top. Cut half an avocado into slices.
- While the second batch of pancakes is cooking. Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a small fry pan or saucepan over medium heat. Slice the chorizo into rounds then add to the pan frying lightly for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 2 corn pancakes on each plate, then divide the chorizo and salsa between each plate. Serve with avocado, mixed leaves, and the remaining lime cut into wedges.
- Find chorizo at your deli. It’s usually with the other smoked meats like salami. Can’t find it? Use bacon instead.
- If you are sugar free like me, check that your canned sweet corn has no sugar added. I know right? It’s sweet enough!
If you make my Sweet Corn Pancakes with Chorizo Salsa remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like these pancakes? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here